Essentially Holistic as an ethically managed business, Essentially Holistic recognises that its activities still impact upon the environment. To address this challenge, the business aims to operate in a legally compliant and environmentally responsible manner. This is done by using The following Environmental Policy to monitor, review and taking action on activities to minimise this impact. By adopting this approach, Essentially Holistic intends to benefit its clients and the broader community whilst complementing its core business operations.
This Environmental Policy and subsequent versions document Essentially Holistic’s commitment. Reflecting identified areas of impact, the current objectives are to:
- Minimise waste production by identifying reduction areas: suppliers’ packaging, raw materials, treatment towels and products, working electronically and encouraging suppliers to do likewise
- Assist waste minimisation by re-using items where practical and hygienic: packaging, containers, postage materials and stationery
- Purchase ethically by choosing organic and/or locally sourced goods including catering and ecologically-kind cleaning supplies
- Commit to where items cannot be re-used or donated elsewhere, to recycle wherever possible – and, as a last resort, disposing of items responsibly
- Reduce energy usage by investing in low-energy rated equipment, heating and lighting, use a switch-off and non-standby policy, maximise heat through effective insulation and thermostats/timers on the premises
- Lessen water usage by using clean water prudently, and continue to re-use grey water on the premises’ grounds
- Lower emissions by minimising car-travel, using public transport where practical, car-sharing, journey-planning – and encouraging clients to do likewise
- Use recycled products such as stationery and containers
- Commit to continuously research and use new sustainable alternatives in all business areas: e.g. pursuing production/certification of products grown on-site
- Continue to compost all compostable materials
- When relevant, to provide practical, regular training to all employees, with opportunity for engagement and feedback
- Display the company’s most up-to-date Environmental Policy on the business website and within its premises
- Allocate sufficient resources to measure all the above, and to then regularly update clients on performance and progress
This Environmental Policy encompasses Essentially Holistic’s objectives, drives its choices and is embedded in its operations. Whilst staff are responsible for implementing it, Essentially Holistic values clients’ input towards addressing impacts which affect us all.
The environmental objectives are reviewed at least annually to accurately reflect Essentially Holistic’s activities whilst inspiring improvement.